Here my very short, but hopefully growing list for the best Belgian Beers I have come across untill now (80 Points and up). The list comprises of Beers I tasted since taking notes and scoring them, but in my mind the list is infinitely longer. So I still have a lot to retasting to do, and foremost write notes about. So here is, in part, random order:
- Westmalle Tripel 9.5% ABV (88 Points)
- Rodenbach Grand Cru 6% ABV (88 Points)
- Tongerlo Tripel 8% ABV (87 Points)
- Tongerlo Prior Tripel 9% ABV (85 Points)
- Grimbergen Optimo Bruno 8% ABV (84 Points)
- Mc Chouffe 8% ABV (84 Points)
- Petrus Aged Pale 7.3% ABV (84 Points)
- Corsendonk Agnus – Tripel 7.5% ABV (83 Points)
- Special Roman 5.5% ABV (83 Points)
- St-Feuillien Blonde 7.5% ABV (83 Points)
- Zottegemse Grand Cru 8.4% ABV (83 Points)
- Grimbergen Goud 8º 8% ABV (82 Points)
- Oud Zottegems Bier 6.2% ABV (82 Points)
- Gouden Carolus Classic 8.5% ABV (81 Points)
- La Guillotine 8.5% ABV (80 Points)
- Duchesse de Bourgogne 6.2% ABV (No score yet)
- Affligem Tripel 9.5% ABV (No score yet)
- Lindemans Faro Lambic 4.0% ABV (No score yet)
Here is my top 5, no order.
Boon Marriage Parfait
Rodenbach Vintage (Grand Cru if vintage isn’t available)
Now you’re talking! These I all know. The first four I have here, and Westvleteren well, a bit hard to come by. You could google “Brouwerij De Molen” in the Netherlands, that should be good stuff and luckily for me a local retailer has a deal with these guys so a lot of this is available now!
I was given a free bottle for teaching a beer by someone who brought back a case from the brewery. It was worth the hype.